1.St. Thomas School is an initiative by Santhome Charitable Trust of Kalyan a registered trust registered under Mumbai public trust act Reg. No. E 11943. The trust runs more than 150 centers all around Maharashtra which coordinates educational and other social and charitable activities and institutions.
2.In Kalyan East the trust runs the following institutions.
a) St.Thomas High School, Vijay Nagar.
b) Ashraya Old Age Home, at Kushivili Village.
c) Anugraha Orphanage for boys, Hajimalang (for boys who lost their parents died due to H.I.V).
Origin and History
1.St. Thomas School, Vijay Nagar, Kalyan East, is a Catholic Institution established by the Diocese of Kalyan.
2. The School comprises of St. John’s Pre-Primary School (Nursery, Jr.Kg. & Sr.Kg.) and St.Thomas School (Primary & Secondary).
The school runs on dual shift
MORNING : STD III to STD X
AFTERNOON : Pre-Primary, STD I and STD II.
3. It is a co-educational institution open to all, irrespective of caste, creed or religion. The school syllabus is as per educational department of Maharashtra state.
Vision and Mission
The school stands for academic excellence and high level performance of each student. Besides academic success, the School aims at the development of skills, the formation of character based on the love of God and service of Man.
- To form intellectually developed, emotionally matured, morally up right and spiritually enlightened men and women.
- To form new generation of people who are committed to a task of building up a just society.
- To help inner liberation of man.
- To form as well as to inform. Thus the School strives to make its students God fearing, truthful, service minded and peace loving.
This includes :-
- Well ventilated and spacious class rooms.
- Every floor consists of four classes with separate wash rooms for boys and girls.
- Computer Lab.
- Science Lab.
- An 500 + Capacity Auditorium with excellent acoustics.
- Audio Visual Room.
- Excellent sport facilities.
- Library with good collection of books for students and teachers.
- Administrative software inter connecting different departments of the school.